Here are some links I've encountered this week:
1.This photo essay on creatives in Charleston, SC.
2. McSweeney's is having its first ever short story contest!
3.This Tiny Desk Concert from Rodrigo Amarante is perfect Sunday listening.
4. I'm sure that you've been well aware of all the current events in the news these last couple of weeks. I'm at a loss for words, and instead wanted to share this post by Kate Arends of Wit and Delight about being brave and kind to one another. The power to prevent what happened in Ferguson from ever happening again lies with each and every one of us.
Have a happy week, folks. Be well.
Posted by North Lowell at 11:56 AM
I've been feeling simultaneously inspired and uninspired lately. Is that even possible? I haven't really been able to verbalize everything I've wanted to lately. (It might have to do with the awesome head cold I'm rocking.) Here are some links that have been an inspiration to me lately.
1. This recipe, which I tweaked slightly based on what I had at home and which I photographed above.
2. Two Minutes with The Great Discontent. This video. Holy moly. It's the first in a series, and boy is it good. In the midst of watching it, I found myself breathing a sigh of relief. I thought I was alone in not being creatively satisfied yet.
3. Alice Boman's Skisser EP, which is streaming in its entirety.
4. This Kinfolk video about Saturday's in Charleston.
5. And for fun, this article about finding a successor to Six Feet Under.
Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Posted by North Lowell at 3:25 PM