I've been feeling simultaneously inspired and uninspired lately. Is that even possible? I haven't really been able to verbalize everything I've wanted to lately. (It might have to do with the awesome head cold I'm rocking.) Here are some links that have been an inspiration to me lately.
1. This recipe, which I tweaked slightly based on what I had at home and which I photographed above.
2. Two Minutes with The Great Discontent. This video. Holy moly. It's the first in a series, and boy is it good. In the midst of watching it, I found myself breathing a sigh of relief. I thought I was alone in not being creatively satisfied yet.
3. Alice Boman's Skisser EP, which is streaming in its entirety.
4. This Kinfolk video about Saturday's in Charleston.
5. And for fun, this article about finding a successor to Six Feet Under.
Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Posted by North Lowell at 3:25 PM
Some links from here and there I thought I would share:
1. Have you heard about the great thing Google is doing?
2. This Tiny Desk Concert. It's both interesting and strange to hear a stripped down version of The National.
3. This Tiny Desk Concert, too.
4. Full disclosure: I eat meat. But this beautiful video got me thinking not just about vegetarianism, but more about understanding where my food is coming from and how we as a society are producing these foods.
5. Finally, this Voltaire quote: "We're neither pure, nor wise, nor good; we do the best we know."
Posted by North Lowell at 9:30 PM
We went for a walk down by the lake last Saturday. The perfect breeze was enough compensation for my aching feet. I don't know that there's anything that this city can do to make me stop loving it. It's been a week and I keep thinking about when I'll be going back next.
I think there's something lovely about carving out a few minutes within the week to slow down and pay attention. We get so lost in the hustle and bustle of life that we forget to be present. Here's to remembering. Have a happy week!
Posted by North Lowell at 4:30 AM